People often seek career counseling to get unstuck as it relates to career dissatisfaction or difficulty determining a suitable career path. You may been unhappy with your job and you know you are ready to leave - but you don't know how to successfully make your next move. Or you may be motivated and ready - but you don't know exactly which career you want to pursue! You also may just be overwhelmed with the workload - and you may be seeking some guidance on how to maintain a healthy and balanced work/personal life.
There are all different types of reasons to seek career counseling. Seeing a therapist can help with preparing for and finding your next job, making the decisions that are not always easy to make alone, determining the best techniques to maintain balance in your life, or a therapist can help you with setting goals to ensure you reach your potential.
Steps involved in the Career Counseling Process at Float on Counseling include:
- Identifying aptitude, personality traits, skills, and interests to help you choose a satisfying, suitable, and fulfilling career path.
- Exploring training and education that might be necessary in order to pursue a specific career path.
- Resume building: making sure you have a professional resume ready to submit to potential employers
- Learning job-search strategies
- Practicing interview skills
- Identifying and working through barriers to being successful
- Creating goals to work towards your career choice
- Setting boundaries and creating a plan to achieve a healthy work/life balance
Getting started is easy! You can simply send us a message, call or text 813-515-9602, or email us at email@example.com. You can also view our counselors here. If there is a particular therapists that you would prefer to work with, let us know! Otherwise, we will make sure to find the best fit for you.