We can feel depressed or even just a little bit down for so many reasons. When we’re feeling this way, it can be hard to move forward or to be happy and fulfilled in the kind of way we would like to be. We lose motivation, feel helpless, and start to lose hope that things will ever get any better. If you’re feeling depressed and wanting to start feeling better, we’ll help you get to the bottom of what’s going on and develop a plan for finding your way out of the fog. Underlying reasons for depression typically overlap and stem from multiple factors. Here are a few of them.
- Interpersonal conflict
- Low Self-Esteem
- Negative or distorted thinking patterns
- Loss of someone you loved – either through the end of a relationship or death
- Major life transitions that mark the end of old chapters and the beginning of new ones
- Genetic traits and brain chemistry
- Health-related issues
- Personal or Professional Rejection
- Substance use
- Certain Medications
- Social Isolation
- Other mental-health related issues
There are certainly other causes and links to depression, but too many possible factors to outline here.
If you’re considering therapy to address and to decrease symptoms of depression, you can send us a message or you can call or text 727-258-5231.